Thursday 29 January 2009

What a wonderful feeling it is to have a wild bird trust you enough to eat out of your hand.
I travel through Sefton Park often and usually take some food with me for the birds and the squirrels. As I was feeding a few grey squirrels I noticed a few Blue Tits perching nearby showing a great interest in what I was doing so I took a chance to see if they would eat out of my hand. I was fortunate enough to have my camera in my other hand, just in case, and I was delighted when this little Blue Tit graced me with his company.
Bird activity has increased tremendously over the past few weeks as they have started to mark out territories and seek mates. I have seen Tits, Blackbirds and Collard Doves getting material with which to build nests too. I am sure they have some recognition of the people they decide to trust. A couple I see in the Park often, feeding the birds, have had the birds actually sitting in their hand eating rather than just swooping in and then flying away.
Thank you little one for bringing so much joy into my life.

No comments: